Quackster's random rambelings Part Deux

Saturday, October 28, 2006

seeing stars....

last nite i had a nice ACS gathering @ Cornerstone @ robertson quay. Managed to catch up to slightly less than 10 of our classmates. Its pretty amazing that after so long we still look the same! I forgotten to bring along the autograph book that everyone signed oh so long ago but i bet it would be a blast for them to see themselves then and now. Maybe nxt time when we have 4A3 gathering i will share it with them.
On a solemn note though, its sad that there are those amongst our year's cohort in the school have already passed away. Most of these are in the newspapers though so i guess the untimely demise was shocking to many.
Sometimes such gatherings are good because it brings to perspective how short life is. Friends you make in your lifetime come and go.
Sometimes it makes all the little things that you argue about, feel sad about etc seems so insignificant when compared to the bigger scheme of things.

Maybe the guy upstairs has a sense of humor about things :)

on a brighter note:
Have u ever seen a sky full of stars? Have u ever seen the whole sky full of brilliant sparkling bits of light? I have when i was in New Zealand during my army training. We were outfield and thus far away from city lights. I had just finished checking up on my gear and was ready to turn in when i looked up and the sight took my breath away. The SG skies just CMI CMI CMI man !

Millions of stars filled the entire night sky....fills you with a sense of awe and humility.
I could just spend the whole night standin and staring till my neck aches. I wish I can see the view again soon ! :P

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oui, where are the photos?

4:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home