Quackster's random rambelings Part Deux

Monday, June 05, 2006

LA & SF part 2

Other days spent in congress
well the other days we spent on workshops. Workshops were pretty fun. Met lotsa other people from all over the world. I mostly attended a bachata class and lifts and tricks and dips. Learnt something different in bachata and yoyo and fish lifts. Pretty fun though probably can only showcase during choreos and not on the dance floor. cHA Cha was too cheem for me... couldnt catch but the guy teaching was good. Wanted to learn Rhumba but the class got cancelled last minute.
I attended Al Liquid Silver's class and we learnt this simple dip step. Then he wanted 2 pairs of volunteers to compete and he will give a free DVd. I jumped. Literally. Probably cos i was wearing the two-left-feet tshirt wif the gold feet logo that attracted his attention. So i did the simple routine and won! AhAhaha... many thanks to Melissa from SF that was my partner that day :)
The nights were then spent watching performances and trying to dance. I mean tryin because we were pretty zoned out after watching so many performances (some good, some bad) that we get very lazy to dance. Hehehe... added to that the crowding and stamping and jabbing on the dancefloor deters us from really enjoying the dance.
In anycase, all in all, it was a pretty good experience to be @ the congress. Maybe we can go other country's congresses nxt time ? I'm hoping Japan. I heard Japan has the largest salsa scene in Asia (plus i've never been to japan yet)

to be continued...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home